0
Question (Anonymous):
Am a lady of 25, started dating my fiancé 5years ago when I was in 100level, he is my first love, n we have been dating even though there were ups n downs, we managed to get this far, and understand ourselves. I was a Muslim, he a Christian, I started going to church with my friends even before I met him, but that doesn't change d fact that my parents are still Muslims, he proposed last year and I accepted, I told my parents and they said they will rather kill me n bury me than to allow me marry a Christian.

I used my Christian uncles to plead with them to no avail, I was received well in his home, the problem has been ongoing for a year now, they didn't allow me to wed, they give their friends’ children my phone number to call and ask me out, I tolerated it, even though I get hurt from all they do.

Presently my fiancée's mum wants us to marry! She specifically called me to settle this case so that she can see us married since my fiancé is her only son.

My friends told me to go for court wedding, I am confused, my fiancée said he will do whatever I say, that the ball is in my court, pls what should I do?

Answer:
I am going to go with your friends and say “Go for a court wedding ASAP” then keep pleading with your parents to agree before you have a church wedding.

Parents are sometimes very adamant and unmoved irrespective of who is involved (in this case their own blood pikin) so I would suggest you give them time to allow them see their pros and cons.

I commend the effort and patience of your hubby and family. Infact, that is a family you should be married into.

Dear questioner, go ahead with your court wedding and live your life with your husband while you wait for your parents to come around (they will come around for sure – it might take a while but they will come around).

Thanks


#ActLikeYouKnow #AskTeekay

Post a Comment

 
Top